Friday, September 14, 2012

Whole Wide World of Wonderland

Happy Friday, lovelies, and welcome to the post wherein I virtually lick you all in the face.

Though I love compliments just as much as the next person (particularly since I walk around this world with my uterus hurling insults at me on a daily basis) I am one of those people that becomes flabbergasted and blushy.  In real life (and my friends will attest to this) when given a compliment, I don't say anything but instead do a little head-to-toe emphasis-on-the-bosom shimmy.

I've received a few kickass compliments via this wonderful online world the last week.  One, I did a guest post over here at Amanda's and people left lovely comments.  Two, Ms. Melissa over at Stirrup-Queens mentioned my blog today in her bloggy round up.  (If you are new to being a she-who-blogs-of-ovaries, this is a must have on your blog reader).  I also hit 70 followers this week which is mind-boggling.

This makes me blush and for a few shining moments in an otherwise shitty situation feel pretty fucking great.  Particularly considering after my first few posts I thought about just becoming a reader because I didn't feel like I have anything particularly helpful to contribute (Bubba talked me out of it saying 'people need goofy'.)

These compliments make me want to kiss you squarely on the mouth, slip you a little tongue and question your sanity.

So I just wanted to say (and read it 3 times - Stork's affection usually comes in the form of a gentle nipple pinch and a light slap) I am so fucking grateful for all of you and our little corner of the web.

Without even realizing it, I have been silently searching for sisters-in-shittiness  in an endless world of wildly fertile or child-averse.

The other day I saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland for the first time (I know, I know - what kind of a Burton/Depp fan am I) and one quote struck me: 

The White Queen is preparing Alice to fight the jabberwocky and she says "Alice you cannot live your life to please others, the choice must be yours, for when you step out to face that creature you will step out alone".

And I thought, aint that the truth.



Even when we have wonderfully loving husbands, wildly supportive family members and psychotically involved friends, at the end of the day when you face something like this you're facing it alone... but I can't put into words what a comfort it's been to discover a secret online Wonderland world of women also fighting their own Jabberwockies and writing home to tell the tale.

So for you, my sisters - I've unknowingly searched the whole wide world and I'm so glad I found you.





I shimmy in your general direction.



26 comments:

  1. Yes, the world - particularly the IF world - DOES need goofy. And we're so glad you're here!

    *big virtual hug that turns awkward because I hold on a little too long*


    P.S. Jabberwocky is my favourite poem. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that poem!

      *giant virtual hug that turns awkward as a result of an intentional boob smooshing*

      Delete
  2. You are the best!! Your posts always help bring a smile to my face...thank you!! (no nipple pinches, please - I flip out lately when J does that so I don't want to flip out on you too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not talking me out of the nipple pinch. I want to see the nipple-pinch freak out.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to have found your blog. Humor is definitely welcomed in this IF world as are nipple pinches ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesssss! It does feel delightful to have my goofiness embraced and have a world of potential boob slaps.

      Delete
  4. You are so very deserving of these and many more compliments to come. You have brought something special to this Wonderland...When I saw your blog on Stirrup Queens I did a little HIP HIP HOOO RAH! And a happy dance for you....that is quite the honor!

    I don't do compliments....I give them a plenty, but I don't like getting them. I don't handle them well at all....IRL or virtually...

    I'm all for the light slap....but the nipple pinches? I think I'll give you my ass to squeeze instead....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need goofy sooooo much! I'm glad that Bubba talked you into continuing to blog. Your posts cheer me up and keep me laughing through all this craziness! THANK YOU!!! This is some tough stuff we're all dealing with...stuff that the majority of the world never needs to think about. It makes it so much easier to know that we're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it does! Those bitches that have things come easily just don't get it.

      Delete
  6. I agree with SLESE1014.....you deserve all these complements chica! LOOOOOOve me some Stupid Stork!! I was so excited about your that you were mentioned on Stirrup Queens!! Hooooooray!! Also, you KICKED major booty hole on your guest post on my blog. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks for risking losing many-a-follower. ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you found this community of sisters-in-shitiness too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not know what I was doing beforehand. Jumping without a parachute.

      Delete
  8. Mummmwaaaaahhh and smooooooooch

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm constantly telling my husband how funny you are. I told him about "Manly Monday" and he said, "Oh G-d, what are you writing about me?" But I explained we aren't the only weird ones so he loves it. I'm glad I have you for a laugh on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Chiquita! No, no... definitely not the only weird ones...

      Delete
  10. I don't have a blog but I read a bunch (I know, I'm a creepy lurker... Someday I'll actually blog, someday...) and I spent the past couple days reading yours from start to finish. I laughed 'till I cried, and ultimately thought what a cool chick you are. I saw your blog mentioned on SQ's roundup and was so happy to see it there! You have a talent for writing, you are blunt and honest and genuine, and I hope that the world has very good things in store for you and Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww the feelings are totally mutual!!! I love that I no longer feel alone or weird in my thoughts or anything like that. There are plenty of others out there that are just as weird as me!!! Thanks for being here my S.I.S. (sister in shittiness)!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you boo! Im so happy to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! Just found your blog and I have just read over everything and didn't want to lurk. So I figured I'd pop in and say: Hello! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I love you! I'm so glad you're getting recognition because you deserve it! You are so great for all of us <3 xoxo I'm the same way - I get blushy, too hehe. It's good to be modest though :-) And I agree, I do feel alone a lot of the time - even with my great support system. So thankful that I have you all to help get me through. I'd go crazy without this online love-fest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Recognition well-deserved, my dear! I am so glad to have found you - all of you - too. I'm not sure how I'd be getting by otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you found us too! We need you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, what a warm and fuzzy post. I'm happy to have found you too. You crack me up constantly, which is something that is desperately needed in IF Land. I've felt much less alone since finding this blogging community a couple months back. I love all you lovely ladies that are out here with me!

    ReplyDelete